In this post, we will create our first ASP.NET MVC 5 web application.
As a newbie developer, understanding how to create a MVC application using
Visual Studio is very important.
Note: You can practice this tutorial on any edition of Visual Studio like Visual Studio Pro, Enterprise or even Community edition.
1. Open Visual Studio and click on New Project
2. Click the Web tab and Select ASP.NET Web Application
ASP.NET Web Application give a name for the application and a destination to store the web application.
3. Select a project template for creating a MVC Application
4. Select MVC template and check the MVC checkbox
Selecting the MVC template and the MVC checkbox tells
Visual Studio to create a MVC Application which includes MVC Core references, MVC folder structure and user management system to authentication users.
5. Click -> Change Authentication and Select No Authentication
As this is your first MVC application so you don’t need to use any authentication system.
6. ASP.NET MVC Application with default MVC template
7. Running your first MVC 5 Application
You can press F5 or click on
Start with Debugging to run the application in debug mode or else press Ctrl + F5 or click on
Start without Debugging to run the application without debug mode.
Running the application will open the application in your web browser.
This is how you can create your first MVC 5 web application using any edition of Visual Studio.
Next Post: In the next post, we will learn about the important C# topics that every developer should know before learning ASP.NET MVC.